Preparation and cooking time:
387 calories per person
19g fat, 43g carbs, 11g protein.
- 1kg Butternut Squash, peeled and deseeded and cut into cubes.
- 1 medium sized Carrot, peeled and chopped.
- 1 medium sized White Onion, chopped
- A good pinch of Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper.
- A thumb sized piece of Fresh Ginger, chopped.
- 1 Red of Green Chilli Pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 litre of Vegetable Stock
- 350 grams of cooked Red Lentils (150 grams uncooked)
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Creme Fraiche (per person), to serve (optional)
- A sprinkle of Fresh Chives, chopped. (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 200 C/400 F.
Place the squash into a large bowl. Add the onion and carrot. Add 1 tbsp of oil/butter and salt and pepper and toss everything together until the vegetables are evenly coated. Transfer to a large roasting tin and spread out to form an even layer.
Roast for 35 mins or until tender.
Heat the remaining oil/butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the ginger and chilli (if using) and fry for one minute, stirring constantly.
Add the stock and bring to a simmer, then add the roasted vegetables. Add the cooked lentils, salt and pepper and stir well.
Remove the saucepan from the heat. Blend in batches, until smooth.
Serve with Creme Fraiche (if using).
Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to four days or freeze on the same day.