Preparation and cooking time:
- 250 grams of Self Raising Flour
- 7 fl ozs Vegetable Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 200 grams of Soft Brown Sugar
- 250 grams of grated Carrot or Courgette
- 50 Grams of Dessicated Coconut
- 50 Grams of Walnut Pieces.
- 4 Tsp of Butter (softened)
- 50 grams of Soft Cheese
- 225 grams of Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp of Lemon Juice
Lightly grease an 8″ cake tin and line with greaseproof paper.
Sieve the flour, salt and ground cinammon into a large bowl and stir in the brown sugar.
Add the eggs and oil to the dry ingredients and mix well.
Stir in the grated carrot or courgette, dessicated coconut and chopped walnuts.
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake at 350 degrees for approximately one houe or until firm to the touch,
Leave to cool in the tin.
Beat together the butter, soft cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice until the mixture is fluffy and creamy.
When cool, turn out the cake and ice.